Friday, August 5, 2011

Does my hamster have wet tail?

I had a Russian dwarf hamster for about 8 months now and she looks like she have been sick for a week now. She looks tired, doesn't use her wheel as much as usual, always have a wet bottom and a wet spot on the top of her head. Her eyes looks squinty and she doesn't move as much as usual. She still eats and drink water as usual and last week when i took her to the vet they told me she looked okay. Her poop is dry and normal. They still gave me antibiotics for a possible urinary infection which i use on her. Giving her the medication seems pretty traumatic for my hamster cause i got to hold her by the scruff to open her mouth which she will fight everytime. It's been like 4 days that she's taking medications and needs it for 10 more days. Now she run away from my hand in her cage... Even when i cleaned her cage, i put her in a small cage and she usually spends the whole time trying to escape. yesterday, she hid in her shed the whole time and when i put her back in the big cage, she just went to get a little bit of food and hid with it. Usually, she would be exploring and running in her wheel for like 2 hours after that. What do you think is wrong with her? I can't afford to take her back to the vet for 80$ if they just tell me that she's okay... BTW i'm a french canadian so excuse my faulty english. thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment