Sunday, August 7, 2011

Is It Ok If I Leave My Dog Home Alone Over Night?

Ok so i'm really worried, its late at night and I have to leave for two days for a last minute buisness trip and I don't know what to do with my baby! He is a 4 year old Maltese dog. I'm leaving like at 6:00am and I can't leave him at a daycare of hotel for dogs and it's too late right now, they're closed. I was thinking I could leave him upstairs with three separate bowls of water and two separate bowls of food, just so he won't eat them in one sitting. He usually does hius buisness outside, but he is used to peeing and pooping on newpapar too, so I left him a space for that. I also left him his 4 favorite toys, 2 of which make very loud squeeking noices which he loves to chew on. There is plenty of daylight and I left him the kitchen light on, which illuminates the rest of the uper floor. The bedrroms and closed so he only has the kitchen, the living room, and the hallway. I left him his comfy bed and his cage, he loves sleeping in there. I used it for training when he was young but I gess he feels safer in there. So I'm leaving really early tomorrow and returning around 48 hours later. I just wanted to know, is it okay to leave him home alone that long? He is usually spending a lot of time with me. I take him out a lot too. I'm so worried he'll get lonely or think I abandoned him! I love him so much and I really feel terrible. I can't bare to be away from him and have no idea if he is okay :S I'll be really worried the whole time :( I'll try calling someone to check on him tomorrow after I land but I'm not sure if anyone can go check on him!) So I just wanted to know, is this okay? Is it considered animals cruelty? Will it affect my dog? Will he be sad? Will he be lonely? How long can a dog go without its owner? (With plenty of food and water in many bowls -just curious?) Thanks and please don't be mean, personally I wouldn't leave him but this is an emergency, I really have to go to this meeting!

No comments:

Post a Comment