Friday, August 5, 2011

What do I need for my hedgehog?

I had a hedgehog and had to get an extra-large cage, like the size for a large rabbit, but it has to be a solid bottom or they will hurt their feet or legs, Also hedgehogs don't climb so a hamster cage is not best and it's too small... Bedding can't be cedar, pine or aspen, I would just stay away from wood chips in general. Corn cob or paper bedding is good. And hedgehogs are messy so you would run out of newspaper quickly but it works. there is commercial hedgehog food or a high quality cat food is good, meal worms are a treat and so are fruits, they will get sick if that is all they eat. Litter box ha! I tried that and no cigar. She hated it, wouldn't even get in, let alone potty in it. You’re supposed to be consonant and place them in it as the potty and they will get the idea, mine would get startled and hide under her wheel. Also hedgehogs are an animal that potties as they walk and run i.e. they potty on their running wheel (which you need for a hedgehog, they need to run), which means the wheel needs to be cleaned daily. any more questions and email me. Beckyp.1993@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment